The primary responsibilities of this Maintenance Technician position are to perform property maintenance functions at an affordable housing development, such as: preventative maintenance, apartment maintenance repairs, maintaining building systems in optimum condition, and ensuring that the exterior and common areas in excellent condition at all times.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific job goals, objectives and tasks are established for each employee as part of the annual evaluation and work plan process by the Property Supervisor and Property Management Director. Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform general maintenance and repairs involving plumbing, electrical, drywall repair, painting, etc., in the apartments and common areas of this community.
• Timely completion of general maintenance and repairs in vacant apartments to prepare it for occupancy. This work may involve drywall repair and painting, other basic repairs, cleaning, etc.
• Ensure that common areas such as community room, offices, storage rooms, electrical rooms are maintained organized, and ensure that landscaping and parking lot areas are tidy to ensure curb-appeal at all times.
• Conduct daily property inspections on the exterior and interior common areas.
• Attend to and perform emergency after-hours maintenance and/or repair services for tenants.
• Assist Resident Manager during apartment inspections at move-in, move-out and bi-annual inspections.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and residents.
• Maintain a monthly inventory of maintenance supplies and equipment.
• Maintain apartment maintenance files and tracking logs related to maintenance procedures.
• Ensure that all maintenance equipment is in good working condition.
• Assist Resident Manager in daily walks of the property grounds, write down necessary corrections and/or repairs and follow-through to ensure that repairs and/or service is completed.
• Meet daily with the Resident Manager and regularly with the Property Supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned by the Resident Manager and Property Supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proper work practices, methods and procedures in building and maintenance trades such as: electrical, carpentry, painting, plumbing, and safety procedures and precautions.
• Knowledge of proper tools, materials, and equipment used in the building and maintenance trades. General knowledge of preventative maintenance scheduling.
• Ability to perform general apartment maintenance work and repairs.
• Ability to safely operate equipment used in the building trades.
• Ability to work independently and analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
Required Education & Experience:
Any combination equivalent to sufficient experience, training, and/or education to demonstrate the knowledge and abilities listed above.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
Licenses & Other Requirements:
A valid California driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance. Possession or ability to obtain insecticide/hazardous material applications permit.
• The incumbent of this position must be able to perform the following essential functions of this position.
• Lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
• Climb ladders.
• Climb stairs within apartments.
• Perform general apartment maintenance and repair work.
• Enter information on Maintenance Work Orders after completion of maintenance and repair work.
Salary & Benefits:
Company offers a competitive salary. Company's comprehensive benefits package includes health insurance coverage (either HMO or PPO), dental, vision, and life insurance. Other benefits include paid time off, specific paid holidays and an opportunity for enrollment in company's 403(b) retirement plan.